Thursday 11 June 2020

Vaanam Kottatum!!

Some people might have the passion for science and go for it with confidence because they know the concept and the theory behind it. This was never the case for me since childhood. My favourite drink would be those days in the early 2000s was Milo. I used to get a lot of free gifts also along with it, one of which was the book about planets, stars and galaxy. 
Normally, I used to be fascinated if it was geography class because it used to be a lot about climate, weather, global warming, etc,. Beyond that I stared to google or find or learn any info about the space. I had this passion towards science but couldn't present it very much on paper. Therefore, I had to take commerce group and finished B.com and MBA. 
This passion inside me never left me because I used to predict the weather for Chennai for today and tell my neighbours, friends and family. They gave me the idea to post the current weather update for Chennai on and off on my page in facebook. Once I had even warned my friend who was in Georgia,USA about the Hurricane that was about to hit Florida after 10 years and cross the state of Atlanta. 
I had asked him to be prepared with his food stock for three days because all the stores near him would be fully crowed to buy their stockings. He was confused first whether to buy or not but to his fortune he listened to me and bought a day earlier before they started to announce on the local TV news. He thanked me because every single shop was full including Walmart. 
The same incident happened here when the IMD was confused about the movement of the cyclone Wardah in 2016. I had informed my neighbours about the cyclone not crossing Andhra but about to cross Chennai after 30 years which was on 1985. The neighbour next door and our family had stocked the goods when the shop owner and other fellow people had no idea what we were upto only when they came by the night to switch on the TV and get get the official news from IMD. 
Like I earlier mentioned on my previous blog post about the 2015 cloudburst,people did not have any idea as to what Elnino and Lanina phenomenon.  I had put an entire post as to make sure people know what is Elnino,but still only a few handpicked followers read the post and one of them shared it.
Most people keep a radar or look at a Satellite picture to predict the upcoming situation. I require the satellite image or the radar only 25% of the time. The rest of my predictions are just pure observations of the movement of the cirrus cloud and nimbus clouds and the flow of the air from which direction to which. This five minute observation is more than enough for me to predict the days weather because I have grown just by seeing the sky from my childhood. 
The surprise of the whole of my passion is even my 80 year old grandma asks me how the day will be it a sunshine or a drizzly morning πŸ‘ŒπŸ˜†

Anyways wanted to share with you one of my passions in life and how I am pursuing it in a different manner. Hope you people liked it! If you want you can follow me on my facebook page for updates on weather 😊 

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Life Takes You In Its Own Way....πŸ’­πŸ’¬πŸ˜Part-1

 Hi fellow humans, Sorry, this post comes after a very long time, probably even because of the pandemic which created a very big loss not on...