Tuesday 25 August 2020

OMG!!! take care!!!πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜… COVID-19

Vanakkam Makkale!!!!Every year this flu used spread around Chennai. At that point of time I used to get Throat Infection which gives me a fever for three two to three days. But, this year it was a totally different scenario, the worldwide pandemic CORONA VIRUS which was spread like a wildfire around 200 countries starting from the epicentre Wuhan,China. The worst part of the virus was that it actually started much earlier in November in some other province in China which they later declared to the World Health Organization (WHO) by December 31,2019.

Well I am actually lab ratπŸ˜‹πŸ˜… for the Neurology Department of SRM Institute of Medical Sciences, Chennai for different syndrome which I will explain it in detail in the next blog. Where was I......yeah!
I got this infection and developed a fever on Saturday which used to be a very coincidental day😝 for any injury, cough, cold, fever,etc after that syndrome. Appa and amma used to keep Eau de cologne on my forehead if the fever goes high. Because of the of the Covid pandemic the house was filled with sanitizers and a handgun to check the temperature often.

Usually I am hot😜 but this infection made the fever shoot up to 101.5 on a constant scale. The symptoms of the Corona virus were headache, cough, cold, fever, and diarrhoea. Since, they could not control mine when it shot up to 102.5 degree celsius, they decided and asked my brother & myself to take a COVID test just because he had a 100.5 degree celsius. Unfortunately, both of us were tested Positive and thank God dad tested negative.

People who were in contact with me apart from them my mom and my 80 year old granny also tested positive. Since, my grandma is too old and fragile to be taken care of she was shifted to hospital along with my mom. The point is I could not see my grandma struggling to breathe to maintain the oxygen level and on the other hand my mom could not handle the pressure because grandma did not want the complications on her.

The greater part was the people who cared for my grandma and my mom and also the hospitalisation fees. When my dad finally found an attender to take care of grandma, mom relieved herself and got discharged from the hospital and came home to quarantine herself the remaining 7 days. Whilst we got our home quarantine over my mom came in and made us stay inside for the 7 days just because she is in.

When this storm was going on, the hospital started to juice out the fees day by day and the worst part was who was gonna pay how much. My grandma is a very strong lady, she had quantamount of her savings from grandpa's pension. When she asked my brother and myself about partaking the money we told her, you were more important to us than this cash. I am glad now that she does not have to answer anyone.

All our neighbours were so helpful during our tough times. Everytime I get this doubt whether the blood relations really help through tough times or is it just their cash in and cash out and inquiries.......ohh apdiya!!! pathuko!!na pray panren!!!take care calls everyday!!!



Waiting for this month to get over and go out to get some fresh air......most importantly....meet my granny and make her health better.



Don't know how many of you out there got this pandemic really and for governments fake record for a day and the amount. If so hope you all take care of yourselves well and get rid of the pandemic and find out who are really caring for you at this time.Please do not run over for a Covid Test if you have a fever make sure you check yourselves with DOLO 650 for a day and then check with your local doctor and move on!!!CHEERS!!!CHENNAITES!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Life Takes You In Its Own Way....πŸ’­πŸ’¬πŸ˜Part-1

 Hi fellow humans, Sorry, this post comes after a very long time, probably even because of the pandemic which created a very big loss not on...